Thank you for joining us on our mission to help independently published writers raise their profile, and for letting us join you on your literary journey. We want to grow your online presence and share your story with the world because, at the end of the day, it deserves to be read!
Other than what we can do for your story, there are several things that only you – the author – can do to help grow your audience beyond a small readership. So, if you’re a self-published writer or you’re published with an indie publisher, the following tips might help:
- Add your book to more than two categories on Amazon
- Add your book to the KDP Select Program (Kindle Unlimited)
- Sign up as an author on Amazon Author Central and Goodreads Author Program
- Make sure that readers are offered different book formats to choose from – ebook, paperback, hardback, audiobook, etc.
- Think about wider distribution (not just on Amazon), both for ebooks and print books
- Create an audiobook through ACX and translate your book through Babelcube or similar
- Get a website and be active on social media so your readers can find both you and your books online
- Collect emails from your readers so that you can reach out to them at a later date when you have exciting news to report
- Start a local book club and/or reach out to existing ones in your area
- Find out about local literary festivals in your area and see how you can get involved to promote your book(s)
- Enter your books/short stories/poems in local literary competitions
- Start a podcast so that people can learn more about you, your books and the influences that have shaped your writing
- Join/set-up an online book group for authors to meet and exchange ideas
Also, why not go to our Videos page for advice to authors from one of our indie publishers?
We’ve put together more details in our handy free guidebook so you won’t have to spend hours trawling through the internet to find them. These tried and tested methods are known to professional writers and we’re making them freely available to you.
Just sign up below and we’ll send you the guidebook as soon as it’s available.
Good luck, keep on writing and don’t forget to share your literary adventures with us!